Our Electrical Machine Maintenance Course will ensure that your people are able to carry out basic electrical fault finding, repair and replacement of electrical components in machine control systems and 3-phase induction motors.
Our course covers basic fault finding techniques and the use of electrical test equipment to safely measure voltage and current on live circuits; and measure continuity, polarity and insulation resistance on isolated circuits.
Our course covers low voltage 230V single-phase & 400V three-phase a.c power supplies and extra-low voltage d.c power supplies.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for people whose work activities involve routine mechanical maintenance of industrial machinery and equipment, who would like to learn how to diagnose and rectify basic electrical faults.
Our course has been designed as an introduction to electrical machine maintenance and fault finding. No previous training is needed.
On completion of this training course, you will understand;
– Your duties when working on, or near live electrical equipment
– Electrical hazards, potential risks, and effective control measures
– Basic electrical circuit theory and why circuit protection is essential
– Why safe isolation is essential before removing any equipment covers
– The application of different techniques that can be used to locate a fault
– How to carry out voltage and current measurements on a.c & d.c. power supplies
– How to carry out continuity, polarity & resistance measurements
– How to test induction motors and cables
– How to replace a faulty components
Assessment & Certification
Your people will be assessed via an online multiple-choice test, which can be completed on a mobile device such as a smart phone.
A Certificate of Training will be sent to the course organiser on successful completion of the final assessment.
2-day Onsite Training
6 People Maximum
Online Competency Assessment
Certificate of Training